Loft eave ventilation panels??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help!! We have been experiencing condensation in our upstairs rooms and I want to insulate up to the eaves in the loft, as I think this will cure the problem.

I have been told that the eaves need to be vented and I was wondering if anybody sold ventilation panels that would fit in the loft and allow air flow from the eaves up into the roof space and thus allow me to insulate right up to the edge without blocking airflow?

Is there such a thing?!

Many thanks.

Barry.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure what your getting at, ( maybe the vodka i'm supping ) lol but have got slate/tile vents in your roof ? to allow air to flow freely ie at eave level ( near the bottom of roof ) and near the top ( ridge ) ps don't foreget if you have lack of insulation in your loft when you've got the heating on, hot air rises and it will hit your ceiling which if has no insulation, will hit a cold spot causing condensation, in turn cause damp spots ps don't block the cavity walls with insulation otherwise air won't move freely ( proving you have air bricks in )

yes there are eaves ventilators they look like this,
IFZ1_01_lg.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back