Loft room walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've a large loft which has been boarded across the floor area between the uprights for the roof beams. The flooring is T&G chipboard with fibreglass insulation between the joists. I want to board out the walls and ceiling to make a usable room for storage, not do a loft conversion for a permanent habitable room. It will have a small radiator for background heat.
I've several questions which I'd be grateful for your advice. Firstly, I have from a previous project, DOW Floormate 200 sheets. As these are very rigid, if I use them for the walls, would I need a vapour barrier as well? I don't want to plasterboard if I can get away with it as the smooth finish of the panels is ok for my needs.
Secondly, I'm confused about whether you use a VB on the ceiling which will be plasterboard with glassfibre insulation above?
Lastly, should I take the insulation out from beneath the chipboard flooring? It is sitting on the downstairs lath and plaster ceiling and fills the cavity the full depth of the joists. Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back