Loft Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently added suspended 6x2 joists to the centre of my loft space, I plan to lay a T&G chipboard floor on top, I have stapled wire mesh over the old 3x1 joists to hold inulation above old ceilings, can i fill the full six inches wth glassfibre insulation and the lay the boards directly on top? the low sides (eaves) of the loft are currently empy but i plan to add board over these as well but not add any insulation as the old joists are only 1 inch above my old plaster/latt ceilinging.

Do i need to leave another gap under the boards for ventilation or will it be ok with the one gap between the insulation and old ceiling plus the eaves insulation free but boarded over to a point.

Any help/advice would be much aprreiciated, this is an old terrace house built in 1900, it has a breathable membraine under roof slates and a velux window in but im plannning on insulating the rafters at some point as well

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back