Loft tank - cold water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am planning change my 15 gallon tank for a 50 gallon tank to suit a new pumped shower. My plan is to place three 3x2's accross the 3x2 ceiling joists and put a 12mm piece of plywood on top of that for the tank base. The span accross the joists (between walls) in the area I wish to put the tank is 2M. I think this will be OK as the current tank sits across 2 joists only and the new one will sit across at least 5, just needed some confirmation.

Sponsored Links
Don`t sound good to me :cry: 1gall.=10lb .....dunno metric but that`s heavy, man

Are they gang nail roof trusses? if not, then you will need to put in bigger joists coming of the load bearing wall without resting on the ceiling joists, a 2m span will need at least 5"x2" joists.

If they are gang nail trusses then that's another story but I can give you the details plan for it if you need it.

Sponsored Links
gotta ask the question.............how long do you stand in the blooming shower??!! I can see a hose pipe ban coming in your area!! That must be some pumped shower!

Would a 25 gallon tank be sufficient then ? bearing in mind that it only feeds the hot water cylinder and shower. This obviously lowers the loadings on the joists also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back