Loftbox question

Lol unknown? Just because someone else's experience doesn't fit with your preconceptions it does not make it wrong. I've no reason to make any of this up, nor have I got anything configured that I don't know about - I did the install of all of the cabling/networking and AV in the house, the only thing I didn't fit was the Sat dish.

I posted a link to an 8 way, I'm using the 8 way HDU681, pretty standard and been around for ages.

It has one switch which tells it whether you're using UHF only (and then doesn't power a digilink or combine the sat signal for the downlink) or satellite. It's configured to use satellite and I'm using a quad outlet plate. Having a quick scoot around the web it seems other people have seen this behaviour even though the instructions imply that won't be the case in Sat mode.

Which is why I asked, if the Triax doesn't do what the OP wants then there is the option of trying the Labgear as they aren't expensive.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm using the 6 way HDU681, pretty standard and been around for ages.

It has one switch which tells it whether you're using UHF only (and then doesn't power a digilink or combine the sat signal for the downlink) or satellite.

So you're using it in test mode (UHF only). The switch loops Downfeed to Return, turning it into a distribution amplifier instead of a Loft Box. If that's all you wanted, you could have bought an ordinary distribution amplifier and saved money.

Anyway, this is merely an unnecessary distraction. In the OP's case, the Triax DDU-112 has no test switch so the Return feed MUST be used in order to get Freeview in the bedrooms.

I'm using the 6 way HDU681, pretty standard and been around for ages.

It has one switch which tells it whether you're using UHF only (and then doesn't power a digilink or combine the sat signal for the downlink) or satellite.

So you're using it in test mode (UHF only). The switch loops Downfeed to Return, turning it into a distribution amplifier instead of a Loft Box. If that's all you wanted, you could have bought an ordinary distribution amplifier and saved money.

Anyway, this is merely an unnecessary distraction. In the OP's case, the Triax DDU-112 has no test switch so the Return feed MUST be used in order to get Freeview in the bedrooms.

No. Read my post. I'm using it in Sat mode, I'm using the downlink to carry TV/Sat/FM/DAB. Jeez. Condescending much?

It's not a distraction if the OP has to give up on the Triax box.

Sponsored Links
So you are using it in SAT mode, without a Return feed but still getting a UHF Freeview signal in the bedrooms?
In that case either the box is faulty OR your aerial signal is so strong that it's breaking through somewhere.

it seems other people have seen this behaviour even though the instructions imply that won't be the case in Sat mode.
Exactly. There's a fault. It's not working in accordance with the manufacturer's specification.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back