Logic combi 24, pressure too hight

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Usually the water pressure is around 1.5 bar. But this weekend I was away and my flatmate told me that the boiler stopped working and that the boiler showed "error F" that means water pressure below 1.

So I told her how to put it back at 1.5 by opening the 2 valve blue and black (filling loop).

But by mistake she oped the black valve (extreme left the one attached to the gauge) and the pressure jumped to 2.2 (when cold) and keep rising when hot !!

I am not a plumber far from it. So if someone could tell me how to put it back to 1.5 ?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Think there is a drain point on the underside of these. It may be easier for you to open this to drain off some pressure. It may also prevent a fault occurring with pressure relief valve (prv) after it has opened un-necessarily.

Drain point is black and plastic, it is on the underside of the boiler and it looks like something you could attach a hose to with a slot in it so it can be opened with a flat head screwdriver by turning anti clockwise.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the answers, this is something i had read on other post online and was about to do it but prefer to be sure before.

The thing is I can't locate that relief valve (I need to open the front panel etc etc yes?)

and also I don't ee that drain point ?

here are some picture of my boiler (first one is facing to it the second one is under)

ps: and yes she open the CH Flow valve and then closed it again

[/img]

Oh yes ok, so I think this is what he was talking about (the manual says)
"CH Circuit Drain"

(i have circle in red), it is indeed in plastic and seems to be something I can turn with the correct tool.

I'll try it tonight I'll let you know

Thanks again.

And also the black valve on the flow needs opening (the one on the far left with the pressure gauge on it)

yes, that worked. the pressure went back to 1 when cold and 1.5 -1.8 when hot

thank you again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back