Logic is a male concept!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, the title is slightly misleading, I know women can be logical, I have seen it happen! But even the most stern, intelligent and unemotional woman has moments of oestrogen-induced senility.

Such as today. I went to eat my sandwiches with some friends on a picnic table out in the open. I was walking over to the picnic tables with a female friend of mine. Just as I was sitting down she shouted "Don't sit there, I need to sit there".

I was confused. They were only picnic benches, surely? So I ask her, "Eh? What's so great about this seat?".

Her response, "Well, I don't want to get the sun on my back"

Now, in case you are wondering where this is going, let me just remind you that yesterday was the summer solstice. That time of year when the sun goes as high in the sky as it ever does. Also, note that I was meeting my friends at noon, the time of day when the sun is at its highest. So, as you can imagine, the sun was actually directly overhead. Only one day away from going as high as it ever goes!

I pointed all this out to her, I even pointed to the ground and the complete lack of shadows, therefore wherever she sits, she will get the sun on her back. Logical, I thought. But what was her response? "Why are you having a go at me? I don't want to get the sun on my back. Why are you having a go at me?". :LOL:

I wouldn't mind, but she's an astrophysicist... Seriously, she actually IS an astrophysicist. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Some girls in York today were arguing about whether the black cover on the pram they were pushing would make the baby hot, or deflect the sunlight.

The argument was brought to a close by someone in the 'deflection' camp stating 'Why do you think Polar Bears have black noses then ?'

:?: :?: :?:

AdamW said:
OK, the title is slightly misleading, I know women can be logical, I have seen it happen!
It's called reverse logic ;)

Without wanting to sound like your standard male chauvinist pig, I do think that there's a bit of truth in all this. On average, men are more inclined to use logical reasoning. It's a generalization of course, just as the worlds best runners are black and the best swimmers are white - and the winner of the World's Strongest Man competition will most likely be North European (probably from Iceland).

I read this almost certainly apocryphal story many years ago. A man went to see his doctor about a black eye and it transpired that he was always arguing with his wife. He came out full of good intentions to avoid arguments by using quiet reasoning instead. A week later he was back with a thick ear. "What happened?" asked the doctor. "Have you been arguing again?" "Oh no." came the reply. "I refused to be drawn into any arguments. I answered all her points with calm, reasoned logic." "So why have you got a thick ear?" "She hit me with the coal shovel."

It would appear that logic is only useful up to a point. There are plenty of people of both sexes out there who feel compelled to resort to abuse - or even violence - when their logic runs out. I've seen it happen between two men and I've seen it happen between two women - and when there's one of each it's more often the woman who loses her temper first. Sorry to all you feminists out there but that's the way I've seen it.

Having said all that, it doesn't follow that this is always a bad thing. The late Dr Alex Comfort advised lovers to settle their disputes by whacking each other with foam rubber clubs!

Sponsored Links
felix said:
The late Dr Alex Comfort advised lovers to settle their disputes by whacking each other with foam rubber clubs!

Did you try it yet?

felix said:
The late Dr Alex Comfort advised lovers to settle their disputes by whacking each other with foam rubber clubs!
Hope it's not that high density foam ;)

AdamW said:
OK, the title is slightly misleading, I know women can be logical, I have seen it happen! But even the most stern, intelligent and unemotional woman has moments of oestrogen-induced senility.

Such as today. I went to eat my sandwiches with some friends on a picnic table out in the open. I was walking over to the picnic tables with a female friend of mine. Just as I was sitting down she shouted "Don't sit there, I need to sit there".

I was confused. They were only picnic benches, surely? So I ask her, "Eh? What's so great about this seat?".

Her response, "Well, I don't want to get the sun on my back"

Now, in case you are wondering where this is going, let me just remind you that yesterday was the summer solstice. That time of year when the sun goes as high in the sky as it ever does. Also, note that I was meeting my friends at noon, the time of day when the sun is at its highest. So, as you can imagine, the sun was actually directly overhead. Only one day away from going as high as it ever goes!

I pointed all this out to her, I even pointed to the ground and the complete lack of shadows, therefore wherever she sits, she will get the sun on her back. Logical, I thought. But what was her response? "Why are you having a go at me? I don't want to get the sun on my back. Why are you having a go at me?". :LOL:

I wouldn't mind, but she's an astrophysicist... Seriously, she actually IS an astrophysicist. :eek:

Its the full moon wot does it "Lunatic" Luna and its seems to effect mostly females, I don't know why there has'nt been more research into it cos there is definatly something in it. I um! da de da wot am i doing here? who am I? are you my mummy :D I love you guys xxx

I don't think it's mere coincidence that the female menstrual cycle is roughly one month (that's short for moon-th) long. I can think of two reasons why this could have come about:

1) Our prehistoric ancestors were nocturnal and needed moonlight to find a mate.

2) They lived on beaches and tides mattered.

I don't really believe the first one. There are too many large carnivores out there that can see in the dark a lot better than us. We would have been cat food. On the other hand, the second hypothesis is now generally believed to be true. Since very few of us now live out in the open on tidal beaches the synchronization has been lost but other traces of our pre-human mating habits still remain so why not this one.

Well, there is the whole "aquatic ape" theory of man, and you just have to look at Africa: people thrive on the coasts, it is harsher inland. There are probably more countries that rely on the sea for food than cattle.

Do other animals have periods? I suppose they must do, but I've never heard of a female dog or cat having a period, unless it is just hidden by the fact they are constantly cleaning themselves.

I found this today and thought it realy relevent for this post :D :D :D :D

A man told his doctor that he wasn't able to do all the things around the house that he used to do. When the examination was complete, he said, "Now, Doc, I can take it. Tell me in plain English what is wrong with me."

"Well, in plain English," the doctor replied, "you're just lazy."

"OK," said the man. "Now give me the medical term so I can tell my wife."

Men and logic?

There can be few people of either sex who haven't, at some time or other, started out with a prejudice then fiddled the logic to justify it. It's also possible that men are better at this and thus appear to be more logical when all they're really better at is cheating.

An old lad who was 120yo who I worked with on my apprenticeship gave me "pearls of Wisdom .."

Love your ladyfriend to bits .....but always have an exit plan..

Never be 100% honest with a lady friend .....(you know the ones "does my bum look big in these trousers /jeans?")

Never give all your wages to your wife on a friday
this was before JOINT bank accounts ,an those very high apr loans the good lady can "just get ! ........
then when that loan becomes the problem she blames you for not stopping her getting it /an you not earning enough ,lol"

NEVER EVER joke about her family in drink or jest ...she can abuse all your family an your expected to Nod an agree ...

If your travelling by car an she wants to navigate let her an be gentlemenly-like as shes wailing in tears when in Istanbul,lost ,an the cars conked out ....you were only going to the new Tesco across town ...lol
//////////////////////////////////////
Women CANNOT DRINK LIKE MEN ........
on No accounts must they be allowed to go on male only drink sessions ....

they will get more out of order than a one toilet inter city from Glasgow to London ...
they will flirt ...not nice but showing/flashing an fondling males not in the group ....
they will then fall out with you, however you have acted even nicey/nice like Hugh Grant , your a NASTY BASTARD in her eyes ..lol

she will then start fights ..with other alpha males ....which kicks of as she slopes off an then your an animal for fighting ...

you will then have to drag her into a taxi ...
she will then be sick like a rugby player in the Taxi ....Gallons of it all over you an cab ...
you will offer the taxi man £30 for clean up she will think this accessivie an demean you as a man, til she wants you to fight him ,which you dont , she
runs indoors locking you out screaming you dont love her
you go to your mothers ....

an Mother she says
"Hmmm "put wife/ladies name here "went out to night with you on a lads night ,

I see,
whispers* SLUT
she was never GOOD for you ,dump her "
yikes another women at you

the last one is my account

I think all men knows these an if we are pushed we love our ladies but I think Fred West had it best on ladies ....love them an then let them lie around the house as long as they were quite ..lol

Now I thought the sun never gets high enough in the sky to be directly overhead at this latitude, only between the two tropics of capricorn and cancer, which is what they mean.

So she would be right?

You are indeed correct, however the elevation is high enough that it is not easy to tell that the Sun is not directly overhead by tilting your head back and looking with the naked eye, and the shadows were pretty much non-existant.

In addition to this, another point which I did not mention, is that the table is oriented rather precisely along a North-South axis, i.e. with one row of seats to the East of the table and one to the West... therefore whichever side she sat on she would get equal sun, shining from the South. :D

OK, so logic is a male concept?
Pleae solve these for me then, please

A) # The man in the Elevator
A man lives on the tenth floor of a building. Every day he takes the elevator to go down to the ground floor to go to work or to go shopping. When he returns he takes the elevator to the seventh floor and walks up the stairs to reach his apartment on the tenth floor. He hates walking so why does he do it?

B) # Swimmer in the Forest
Deep in the forest was found the body of a man who was wearing only swimming trunks, snorkel and facemask. The nearest lake was 8 miles away and the sea was 100 miles away. How had he died?

Sponsored Links
Back