Logn run of 12v signal for RGB changing LED strip

Yes, I presume that's how it works, but each colour has it's own supply - which makes me realise that there are 4 cores to consider here - so if I go for 2.5mm x 4, there would be only about 1.5% VD. Doh!

...although I'm not sure about this now, as although the current to each colour goes down a separate core, the return current will be shared on the 4th core. I suppose what I need is 4 core cable where one of the cores is nice and fat (which is probably how one might describe the chance of such a cable existing!).

Sponsored Links
Using a common return may not be possible for the 4 circuits if the drivers have sensing / control in both sides of the supply to the LEDs they are controlling.

Well - I may have messed up once already today by assuming, but it does seem reasonable to assume that if the maker specifies a 4 core cable between the driver and the lamps then a 4 core cable will work....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back