Looking for inspiration

Sponsored Links
This one, Just ask, as there is plenty of people who will help. Though be warned as they/we dont all agree and your thread will take many directions, hehe.

Third_Eye said:
This one, Just ask, as there is plenty of people who will help. Though be warned as they/we dont all agree and your thread will take many directions, hehe.

You cant ask if you dont know what you are asking for, I need ideas.

Sponsored Links
Its so hard because its all down to personal taste..there are no 'rights an wrongs' really with colour...its all about what you like.

Lots of people see us dekkies as experts in colour, we aint...all I do is reassure a customer that a colour scheme will look 'ok'..I never pass an opinion unless im really pushed.

Theres no point in saying 'oh you could go for an ochre and green with off white woodwork..because you may not like those type of colours..give us a start a canvas...and maybe we can chip in with some ideas (watch out for the arguements!! lol)

I can advise on shades and the layout of colours etc...but not what the colour should be itself...its a dodgy area, if you suggest a colour scheme to someone and they dont like it....whos going to pay to put it right??

And I hate leaving a job knowing the customer isnt 100% satisfied.

Elaborate a bit RED in what way do you need advice?

What works a treat is to have flat walls & cielings, and apply a coving, Then apply an B&Q dado rail at an picture rail hieght (i.e leading into "top" of facing around doors). Then apply a coat of English Light Oak Wood dye over dado rail, then varnish over. Then apply an light shade (any colour) on cieling, coving & above dado rail. Then apply an deeper shade from the above colour but same tone. Then apply oil based satinwood on all wood and do it the same shade as above dado rail or vice versa. Honestly it is brilliant when done.

Third_Eye said:
What works a treat is to have flat walls & cielings, and apply a coving, Then apply an B&Q dado rail at an picture rail hieght (i.e leading into "top" of facing around doors). Then apply a coat of English Light Oak Wood dye over dado rail, then varnish over. Then apply an light shade (any colour) on cieling, coving & above dado rail. Then apply an deeper shade from the above colour but same tone. Then apply oil based satinwood on all wood and do it the same shade as above dado rail or vice versa. Honestly it is brilliant when done.

You've missed a bit :LOL:

Third_Eye said:

Ok a bit confusing

Your right "growler" i did miss a bit, ouch, the walls :oops: What works a treat is to have flat walls & cielings, and apply a coving, Then apply an B&Q dado rail at an picture rail hieght (i.e leading into "top" of facing around doors). Then apply a coat of English Light Oak Wood dye over dado rail, then varnish over. Then apply an light shade (any colour) on cieling, coving & above dado rail. Then apply an deeper shade from the above colour but same tone ON THE WALLS below dado rail. Then apply oil based satinwood on all wood and do it the same shade as above dado rail or vice versa. Honestly it is brilliant when done.

Or.....Third Eye
Light ceiling and frieze 04 B 15
Darker cove and walls 04 B 17
Or ....
Brilliant White ceiling frieze
Almond White cove and walls. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back