Looking for some help with a couple of landscape problems??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first question is about exterior log flooring, basically tree trunks sliced up and laid like stepping stones. I can get hold of some nice logs to create this effect in my front garden instead of boring paving but i need to know the best and cheapest way to protect the sliced wood circles from the elements so it will last for many years please?

my second question is regarding our garden gate, we installed a new gate last year and painted it with one coat stain and varnish, it is currently an oak colour but because we have now installed a nice new white picket fence we want to paint the gate white. We have white undercoat and dulux gloss weathershield, will i actually need to undercoat or just use the gloss weathershield? Also will surface need to be sanded? The oak finish is actually still pretty perfect so can i just gloss straight on top?

Any help on these problems would be brilliant thanks Chaps!

Sponsored Links
You might get more help in the Decorating and Painting forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back