Looking to buy a 8 channel dvr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 swann 720 cameras I'm looking at getting maybe some more ptz models. Iniatly I was going to.put up the cameras as fakes but I'm now looking to go the whole hog.
Have been.looking at the swann DVR9-1425 /4400 models etc. But there seems to.be very poor reviews on the latest swann models.
Aveeza seem oki but appear to use there own propriety interconnect for the cameras "ahd" rather than BNC. Also looked at blupont DVR but there website is crap. I just want something that is good and will work. I need it to.cover a communal garage area and the front of the property where my van is parked.

Sponsored Links
Get a hikvision turbo ( TVI ) dvr cheap , reliable,1080p over standard coax/ cat 5 , 2 IP cameras on the 8 way, and you can use standard cameras .

As above. Great kit for the money, just get one with a decent size hard drive in there (at least 2TB)

Sponsored Links
Hi sparkymarka, you had any issues with the smtp settings on the DVR and emails working?
I have noted some strange things trying on the DVR and yet I don't seem to have any issues when using there ivms4200 software on the pc. Now I think I am doing something wrong on the DVR or its a firmware issue possibly.

at the moment just the email side of things doesn't appear to be working, supplier did a remote access the DVR and they are looking into it further as there test didn't work, makes me feel better that I wasn't going mad now its trying to find out why its not behacing as expected, turned something off possibly if its not firmware.

interesting that I have got the emails to work on the dvr using a gmail account and allowing gmail to work with less secure apps, but it wont work for my domain as far as I can tell. mail for my domain works when I use the ivms software, so for now I have a solution that works however not sure why the security of the email on the DVR was brought into question in the first place. cant get any pictures attached mind for the emails at present either but as it only takes a few moments to do a vca search and bring up clips from the continuous recorded data its not a major issue but would be good not to have to log in to see the snapshot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back