Looking to extend skybox cables ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I'm looking to move tv across the room but need to extend the sky box cables, where do I begin to look for them, looked on amazon etc but didn't find what I wanted..
It's both the white ones in the picture I'm looking to extend.
Thanks all

Attachments

• 16847510208282619708634074110675.jpg
    16847510208282619708634074110675.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
Those look like standard F-plug connectors on co-ax cable.

Ok thanks for that, do you know where one can extension kits for them or the equivalent?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Be careful getting coax off eBay. Most of the sellers are more interested in their profit than your result.

@rsgaz probably just hit on the first result from a search, so this is nothing against him. However, it's a good example of what to avoid. The red flags for me are that there are two different sized coaxes. The black is thin, the white is thick (look at the step with the plug sizes). He also shows the wrong sized clips for the white in one picture. The plugs he's using are the cheapest (nastiest) type too.

That's what we can see. But we also need to look at what's missing. There's no images of the cable stripped back to show the shielding. There's no reliable spec or model number for the cable either. The product description even says that might be different cable to what's in the pictures.

Coax seems like simple stuff, but it's not. Thicker coax generally has lower losses than thin stuff, but quality plays a massive part in this an can flip things on their head. I've measured the signal level through cheap generic RG6 (like that white cable) and seen it is worse than some thin shotgun I was using. That was a surprise.

If you haven't already hit the Buy button then message me and I'll sort you out with some good cable - Webro WF65 twin shotgun. I only carry black in it though. I'll do you a full kit with plug ends and barrels.

Last edited:
Lucid is 100% correct.

Webro WF65 (and the thicker, lower loss, WF100) is all-copper construction. Much cheaper stuff on the bay and amazon is copper clad streel core and NOT what is needed for satellite (for DC power reasons alone).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back