Looking to Installing Honeywell TR6 Smart Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, need some advice. I've got a Combi boiler (Baxi) which has a wireless thermostat setup (Siemens RDJ10RF and RCR10/433-GB). I'm looking to replace it with a Honeywell TR6-HW Wireless setup. It looks fairly straightforward but the wiring currently installed looks different from the instructions from the Honeywell website. Should I go for the Honeywell instructions, or follow what was previously installed.

From what I can see of my boiler, the mains cable goes directly to the boiler, and from the boiler there is a cable that goes to the Siemens receiver box and is wired as per the image.

Seimens Receiver (2).jpg

Honeywell Instructions:

Ht6-Wiring.png

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Without opening the boiler up and use existing wiring connect Siemens to Honeywell as follows:

L - L
N - N
L1 - B (green/yellow and sleeve it brown as it’s being used as a line conductor)
Link L - A using the existing brown piece of wire

If you tell us the model of Baxi, it might be opentherm compatible, which gives better control over your heating. Make sure if you’re getting the T6 get the T6, not the HW version, as you have a combi boiler which delivers hot water on demand.

Sponsored Links
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back