loop testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when testing radial circuits for EFLI including lights,do you pull n and p wires out of connectors and connect croc clips and then take reading if not can you please tell me the correct procedure.thanks

Sponsored Links
You should be able to croc-clip the flying earth lead to the earth terminal of the accessory, then use fine-tipped probes to make contact with the L and N terminals. With lights you should be testing switched live, by the way and not just the permanent live to the rose. You shouldn't have to go around disconnecting things - it'd take you for ever!

thanks dingbat,i asked because it seems a bit dodgy standing on a pair of steps holding 2 probes against the terminals and pressing the test button ,but if that is considered safe ok.

Sponsored Links
Ah, the good old, working-at-height conundrum. Safe rarely means convenient.

For lights I use a low, folding platform, rather than stepladders. It's then just like standing on the ground. Of course, it also helps if your test kit is convenient when slung round your neck and has a recall function so you don't need to look at it as you test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back