Loose Duravit Starck 3 Toilet Seat hinges

Many thanks to user niceoldman for the link to splash direct. Ordered the part required just now after hunting all day long.

As a side note, there must be a better way of designing these toilet seat fixings. The well nut approach seems to be flawed on a number of areas...

1) It is easy to break the screw thread of the moulded well nut

2) The material used to make the moulded part of the well nut, don't seem to last long

3) As pointed out previously, the swivel action force applied to the fixings when a person sits on the throne (seat) loosens the well nut with moderate use.

In short, not a great way to spend a Sunday [insert toilet gag here]

Sponsored Links
Hello all , after scrolling the web and Duravit website I finally worked out
and completed the process on how to tighten up the circular plates that secure the Duravit Starck 3 toilet seat in place.

Its very simple, but if your not shown you would probably never figure it out.

Steps as follows:

a. Lift seat and lid to fully upright position.

b. Place hands under edge of seat and pull upwards to remove from upright pins connected to circular plates on bowl. Its very likely this has never been done since you have owned the toilet (otherwise you wouldn't need to read this) so it is very likely some extra force needs to be used. The upright pins have a rubber seal/washer that can get a bit grubby which makes pulling the seat off a little tricky first.

c. The circular plates and upright pins will now be exposed. Now find a small flat head screw drivers and very carefully remove the silver circular covers by working your way around the outer perimeter of the silver plates.

d. Once the covers are removed you will see a screw with either a philips head or hexagonal head.

e. Before tightening up the circular plates rest seat back into position on the uprights pins ( but don't push hard down ) as we are just working out the best locations for the pins to be at this stage before tightening.

f. Remove seat and tighten up screws - DO NOT OVER DO THIS - secure so plates are firm but not really tight.

g. Put silver cover plates back into position.

h. Spray pins with silicon spray or light lubricant. ( it will make it easier next time to remove the seat ) .

I. Slide seat back onto the pins - YOUR DONE !

Hope this helps someone out there ,

Cheers
Clayton

Thank you so much Clayton for posting the instruction above. For several days I scoured the web and youtube for hints on how to remove the Duravit Starck 3 soft-closing toilet seat. Nowhere else was I able to see that you needed to apply force as you pointed out. There were a lot of instructions about pushing buttons, but on the strarck 3 seat there is no button to push. Thanks once again.

All, I moved into a new house with 3 Duravit new toilets. All had loose seats. I could not figure out how to tighten them. I am very glad I discovered this thread and was able to fix them. I had searched for Duravit manufacturer web site as others had tried but could not find any info.

This is what I did;

1. put on gloves (enough said)

2. open lid and seat to vertical position. Carefully pulled upwards on edge of seat and lid. The seats all come off quite easily on all 3 toilets.

3. Carefully lever off metal disc using a flat blade screwdriver to reveal screw. This step needs to be done carefully to avoid marking the porcelain. Use a cloth or paper towels under screwdriver. Go slowly with this step. They will come off. 3 of the six came off with fingers alone. The remaining three required the screwdriver.

4. Align pins with toilet seat and make sure pins are where you want them. Screw tight. Resist temptation to over tighten and break threads. Now that you know how to access the screws you can always re-tighten them if they start becoming loose in (hopefully!) a few years time.

I applied vaseline lubricant to all the metal disc rims and toilet seat locating holes so that they will be easier to come off should I need to repeat this exercise.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this useful thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back