Duravit Toilet Seat - Unable to remove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to remove the seat on a Duravit toilet which looks exactly like the one in this youtube video:
Only when I raise the seat to vertical position as in the video, and attempt to lift it, it does not budge whatsoever from the hinges.
Has anyone encountered this by any chance?
I am hesitant to apply leverage for fear of damaging the seat, the toilet or both....
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I haven't got a toilet seat like that, so feel free to ignore me :)

But from what I can see in the video, it doesn't look like you have many options!

It could be that the rubber 'o' rings have dried out and have stuck inside the hinge part.
It may be possible to spray a little WD40 up into the holes from underneath, and that could help loosen them.

Forcing some wedges between the seat and the bowl may give a more progressive lifting force, rather than attempting to rip the seat off!

The only other thing I can think of, is to gently warm the hinge, perhaps with a hairdryer (not a heat gun!). And then just wiggle and pull at the seat until it's free.

And when you do get the seat off, don't forget to clean up those pillars, and maybe replace the 'o' rings.

I hope that gives you some ideas, good luck :)

@RandomGrinch Apologies late reply - Only just read your post. Thanks a lot for the suggestion, will attempt and report!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back