loose fill loft insulation betwwen floors in a flat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an upper floor maisonette with an empty space between my floor boards under foot and the downstairs people's ceiling. Can I use loose fill insulation to fill the gap and hopefully reduce noise transmission between the two flats until I can afford proper soundproofing acoustic underlay? Thanks

Sponsored Links
katie83 said:
I live in an upper floor maisonette with an empty space between my floor boards under foot and the downstairs people's ceiling. Can I use loose fill insulation to fill the gap and hopefully reduce noise transmission between the two flats until I can afford proper soundproofing acoustic underlay? Thanks

Waste of effort I reckon. If you can, get some rockwool in the void that will help, but watch out for any light fittings in the downstairs ceiling.

katie83 said:

If your going to do that, it's best to use chicken wire and place it between the floor joists/ their ceiling joists and form a basket then put R33 wrock wool slabs in ( fire proof ) it will damping the sound and all so act as a 1/2 hour fire protection. so if theres a fire below you you've have time to get the hell out of there. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back