Losing pressure Saunier Duvall F24E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an issue with a Saunier Duvall F24E condensing combi losing pressure. It has gone from needing to be topped up every few weeks, to now every day. I have tightened the valves on the radiators and can't see any visible leaks outside of the boiler or on radiator joints etc.

I have had an engineer around but when he arrived he told me he didn't work on that make even thoughI had told him the make and model in advance!. He made no effort to check for a leak (I didn't tell him I'd tightened the valves already) but stood there with his arms folded and tried to sell me a new boiler. He walked away with his call-out fee having made no checks whatsoever - not even a pretence of care.

Reading on here I see I could possibly attempt to re-pressurise the expansion vessel myself using a bicycle pump.

My questions are:-
260572-16365f7a720cc300f2e13c0459eae13a.jpg

a) Is this the correct valve/ (see photo)
b) Can I do harm? e.g. if I over-pump it?

c) Are all valves the same size? As per bicycle pump?
d) What precautions should I take? Aside from turning the electrics off?
e) How likely is this to fix anything?

Failing this can anyone recommend a proper heating engineer in the Twickenham/Richmond area that can deal with a Saunier Duvall boiler? (The cowboy I had said no-one will work on them!).

Sponsored Links
Correct valve ,will take a while with a small bike pump, drop system pressure and have a open end to get a correct reading pump up vessel to 1 bar.

Thank you cross thread.

How do I get an 'open end'?

Could I maybe use the electric pump I use for the car tyres? .
It's too high up to be possible to use a foot pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back