Losing pressure through Condensate pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my Worcester bosch 28i boiler is losing pressure from 1 bar to 0 in less than a day while running.

The condensate pipe drips at a very fast rate whilst its running, I know its supposed to drip but any faster and it would be a stream im sure.

Heard from other forums that it could be a leaking heat exchange.

Anyone had this before?

Sponsored Links
yes it could be the heat exchanger but its easy to check, just switch the boiler off, wait about 15 mins then go and ckeck, if the condensate is still dripping it is most likely the heat exchanger

ITs dripping whilst the boiler is off but at a much slower rate. Can the heat exchange be repaired? Or is it just a replace it with a new one? Theyre not cheap :(

It does sound as though it is the heat exchanger then and if it has pin holed then you will have to replace it, have a look at Worcesters fixed price repair it will probably be cheaper than buying a heat exchanger

Sponsored Links
thanks I will, after leaving the boiler a little longer the drips have virtually stopped less than 1 a minute. Its when its running that it goes crazy

thanks I will, after leaving the boiler a little longer the drips have virtually stopped less than 1 a minute. Its when its running that it goes crazy

You sure you're looking at the condensate and not the prv pipe?

pretty sure theres a plastic u bend with a cap that I removed and its dripping through the there. The other end of that u bend goes to plastic piping that goes outside. Theres also a copper pipe that goes out side and I think that's the prv one.

As said then, fill to 2 bar, leave it off, check condensate for leakage.

Forgot to say, the trap will be full, so don't take that as an indication of leak.

I isolated the boiler and pressurised to 2 bar and left off overnight. The pressure dropped to 1.75, only the tiniest spot of water from condensate pipe.

When I reopened the valves the pressure dropped immediately to 0

Not sure what this means?

If the pressure dropped that sharply on opening the valves then the leak isn't in the boiler! The leak is in the system, not the boiler.

if the condensate is still dripping it is most likely the heat exchanger

Boiler is a WB 28i. It is a combo boiler but not a steamer.

OP, please check boiler model ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back