Loss of CH from combi .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Overnight my Worcester Bosch 280 RSF gas combi appears to have gone on the fritz.
The on demand hot water is still working fine and delivering as previously, however, when the CH is supposed to kick in, the boiler ignites as usual but only stays lit for approx 10 secs then goes out. This repeats every 30 mins or so whilst the CH function is on.
Is this a problem with my thermostat or something more serious?
I'm going to get an engineer out asap anyway i think, but any info would be appreciated

Many thanks .

Sponsored Links
My guess is that the flow is not getting out of the boiler for some reason, pump, diverter valve or radiator valves etc.

It therefore heats up and switches off and when it cools down it comes back on again to warm itself up again.

Quite a simple job to diagnose for an experienced engineer but will probably need a part. Expect the bill could come to £120-£190 if its a reasonable firm, much more if they are cowboys or a "call out" company.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Did one of these on Saturday, same symptoms. (Agile you're right) It was the plug-in diverter valve part no 87161424210. Not too bad to change if you have small hands. The Circlip wires holding the valve on to boiler can be a bit of a pig to get off, and back on again! (I'm sure COG will back me up on this).

By the way it would cost you 175.44 for Worcester to fix this. They should have the part on the van.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back