Loss of pressure to hot water tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of days ago the hot water tap in the sink in the bathroom started to lose pressure, then last night it completely stopped flowing.
The rest of the system is fine, including all the other hot water taps.
Any ideas for the complete plumbing novice?

Sponsored Links
If there is a bath tap beside it thats OK then it sounds like a blockage but it could be an air lock.

Look in the FAQ.

Tony

OK, but as a complete idiot when it comes to plumbing, can anybody explain in simple english how to try to clear an airlock.
Had a look at a couple of posts in the FAQ but still blank?
Thanks

open the hot tap & put your mouth around the tap spout & blow as hard as you can this should send the air lock back up the pipe to vent & will clear the air lock, if you cannot blow hard enough (if the length of pipe is too long & it wont blow out) then connect a piece of hose to the hot tap then the other end to a mains fed cold water tap (they will have to be secured re the pressure) then open both taps for a just a few seconds, the mains water will then force its way up the hot water pipe clearing the air lock,

Sponsored Links
If connected with flexible hoses, has the hose become kinked or damaged.

I sent my engineer to a complete hot water blockage.

He found a ( dead ) mouse had got stuck in the pipe on the outlet from the cold tank.

Tony

Thanks for the advice guys, managed to try what you suggested, but no joy, so I'm guessing it's a blockage.

So now the question is....is it time to get a plumber in, or is there something a complete plumbing novice like me can do to try to sort it out?

Thanks

Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back