Loss of pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some advice as this is 'stumping' me. Recently fitted a Vaillant Ecotec 831 plus new pipework and rads. Commissioned and signed off without any probs.

Customer calls me back after 2 weeks as they wanted a towel rad in the bathroom. No probs. Drained down, alter some pipe, hang new rad and refill system.

2 days later get a call to say they have no hot water. Low pressure!!. I refill system thinking maybe an airlock and also do a quick visual in case of leaks. Nothing. 2 days later same thing. Refilled to nearly 3 bar and again i go around checking for leaks - nothing. All joints dry and tight

What next???

Sponsored Links
Well its going somewhere - either a leak or thepressure release valve is passing.

Why did you think filling to nearly three bar was going to help - if anything is is going to cause problems.

filled to nearly 3 to try and identify any small leaks. Didn't leave it like that before i left i lowered the pressure to 1.5 via a drain off.

Definately not the PRV - no signs of it discharging at all.....

Strange how its been alright till i installed the towel rad. Checked that and cant see any signs of leak there

Sponsored Links
Yep. Got through the interview ok. Wanted me to start induction at the beginning of September - Leeds is pretty local to me. However, i'm away for 3 weeks so i'm joining the next induction group. Just waiting to hear when that will be and where??

Another spanner in the works is that ive also been offered a job with Worcester-Bosch (better pay -oh and a bigger van :LOL: )

This bleedin Vaillant still losing pressure. Gotta be going somewhere. Looks like i may have to add an internal leak sealer which i've never used before. Any recommendations???

The Fernox stuff is pretty good. We used it to plug what eventually turned out to be an unsolderd joint that held back over two bar - it wa sa huge system though and needed three doses.

It could just be that you still have a lot of air and thats just dissolving the air slowly.

Thats often quite disconcerting when the pressure falls each day for 2-3 days but then it stabilises.

Tony

Thats what i'm hoping Tony. When fitting the system i replaced alot of plastic pipe that i imagine a builder put in when the extension was added. It wasn't barrier pipe so i told the customer that it can let air into the system and it was better replaced with copper :LOL:

Thanks for the recommendation Dan. I'll wait and see if its just air disolving.

thats a shame mate, my induction is in leeds on the 3rd sep. Could've met up for a pint or few

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back