Loud noise from zafira

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

When I got home with my new used car on Saturday it started making a very loud buzzing crackling electrical noise, almost a mix of the old Internet dial up tone and power jumping from one post to another. It's a vauxhall zafira tourer tdi sri 2013 with 76000 on the clock. Rac came but it wasn't making the noise the time so couldn't diagnose. I do have a video but not sure if I can share it here?
Thanks in advance for your replies

Sponsored Links
You'll need to upload it to YouTube (which you'll be able to with your Google account (unless you're some Apple freak!)) and then post it on here..

Sponsored Links
Throttle body? Try unplugging it to see if the noise disappears.

Just unplug the connector going to the throttle body while it’s making the noise.

Hi. Thanks for your replies so far but I still haven't had any luck. I went down to where the car is parked this morning and now its doing this!

Did you disconnect the throttle body connection? Alarm going off and the alarm horn is buggered?

Could well be the alarm as Mottie said.

Might be a faulty relay aswell, it's going to be a case of sticking your ear in and following the noise.

If relay, you might be able to feel the buzzing through the casing, or get a long thin screwdriver and use it as a stethoscope

Hi

I didn't disconect the throttle body yet. I pulled fuses nd relays out one by one yesterday but the noise didn't stop. The alarm is going off when we.lock the car most of the time but not all the time. I couldn't feel any buzzing or excess heat on any relays

If the alarm horn was buggered would that cause the alarm to go off when the car is locked? I just find it odd how the noise has changed so much from my first video!

If the alarm horn was buggered would that cause the alarm to go off when the car is locked? I just find it odd how the noise has changed so much from my first video!

Yeah when the backup battery fails acid sometimes leaks into the electrics and causes weird alarm issues

Sponsored Links
Back