loud vibrating sound central heating

Some bodgery is clearly obvious.
Perhaps, but you have been harping on about it.

Press fit for example is expensive when buying the kit and fittings. It can also be a professional approach with no hot works in properties. There are many cheaper ways to make more money, and far cheaper ways to bodge it, but you have decided press fit could be "a red flag for hackit plumbing". That isn't the first thought which springs to mind when I see it.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps, but you have been harping on about it.

Press fit for example is expensive when buying the kit and fittings. It can also be a professional approach with no hot works in properties. There are many cheaper ways to make more money, and far cheaper ways to bodge it, but you have decided press fit could be "a red flag for hackit plumbing". That isn't the first thought which springs to mind when I see it.

It's not for domestic installation.
It's for industrial building services where lifespan and maintenance are well managed.
Has no place in the darkest corners of someone's airing cupboard regardless of the tooling costs etc.

This is an industrial fitter who's been moonlighting.

Same for shark or push fit fittings.

Imho anyway. You can use anything if you have it to hand though.

Sponsored Links
You think press fit is ok in domestic installs?
It can be.

You just seem very certain how and why it happened, "This is an industrial fitter who's been moonlighting.".

Me, I don't tend to pre judge and just fix what is in front of me.

It can be.

You just seem very certain how and why it happened, "This is an industrial fitter who's been moonlighting.".

Me, I don't tend to pre judge and just fix what is in front of me.

You seem more than capable of judging others tbh.

Me, i like to look at the whole picture rather than just what is presented Infront of me.

Me, i like to look at the whole picture rather than just what is presented Infront of me.
I would say take the TRV head off and get it working. Perhaps look at the bypass valve to get it running all tickety boo.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the press fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back