low heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a logic ideal combi. problem is when i have the heating on the boiler will run for a few minutes, then cut out. after a few more minutes it comes back on. and then cuts out . it will do this all the time. the rads at best are only luke warm.the pressure is ok. i have also bled all the rads. hot water is ok. hot water is ok. thanks for any help, advice.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
looks clean. If I need to flush the system what would be the best methods. It is a microphone 10ml. If I open the drain tap at the lowest point, then open the fill tap on boiler, do you think this would work. Thanks for reply.

If it's clean - no need to flush it.

Yes you could run a pipe from a drain tap and just open the fill point, making sure you don't over pressurise the system, then see what flushes out. Better is taking individual radiators outside and forward/back flushing them out. You can get solutions to leave in your system to help clean it out, combined with flushing.

You can run a magnet along copper pipes you suspect might be obstructed - magnet will be pulled to the pipe, if it is blocked with magnetite/rust.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back