Low Hot Water Pressure

Bathroom downstairs water cylinder upstairs. 15ft in height from the base of cylinder tank to the bath pipes.
thats enough to give you 0.5 bar.

Also upstirs is a kitchen (maisonette) low hot water pressure on that tap also,
that will be low pressure if on the same level.

never run it long enough for it to slow or stop. But takes a good 5 minutes to fill kitchen sink to get the bottom of the water escape overfow.

everytime you run the system so the water flow from taps stop you will get air in the pipework.
if this don't get released then you will have a constant slow flow from bath taps.

Sponsored Links
it means you have indirect cold water also.

it is just poor pressure - are your downstairs hot taps slightly better than the higher level ones??

I thought it was mains fed because the cold water is really freezing cold even after hours of not using the cold water tap. If was fed through a cylinder then it would be warm first then colder after running a bit. That is the way i saw it as mains cold water np.

Yes the hot tap pressure on the bathroom sink, is better than the the upstairs kitchen sink.

that size cylinder should easy give you a full bath hot water
and 15 ft height give good flow.
you won't even get that height in a house.

Sponsored Links
no - cold water from a cold water tank is indirect.

Your cylinder doesn't seem v small - maybe your cold water tank is smaller than the h/w cylinder?? then when you run a bath, the cold tank can't re-fill quick enough to force the water out of the hw cylinder, thus the air getting in, and the flow stop and then start again after a few mins.....

no - cold water from a cold water tank is indirect.

Your cylinder doesn't seem v small - maybe your cold water tank is smaller than the h/w cylinder??
You'll need to google the tank to know better. The cold tank on top is not very big.

that size cylinder should easy give you a full bath hot water
and 15 ft height give good flow.
you won't even get that height in a house.
That would be nice, i have seen after heating the water. That by the time i have waited for tank to fill up etc. The bath doesn't get filled to give a good bath.

The pressure is there don't get me wrong. It just slows to a stop before even an foot ankle of water is in the bath.

I just would like to have it so it is constant pressure without it stopping, waiting for refil etc. And have left over hot water at the end of a bath that was there before getting in the bath.

that must be the prob then - when running a bath (using a lot of H/W in 1 go) the tank can't re-fill quickly enough

check the float valve again whilst leaving a hot tap (or cold tap) open - does it fill quickly???

Has this h/w problem always been like this?

Is there a lid on the cold water tank??

Maybe my post title was wrong.

Maybe.

Great hot water pressure that slows to nothing, then have to wait 5 to what ever minutes for the tank to fill up before able to conyinue to fill bath with hot water. But also the upstairs kitchen sink water pressure is low.

would have been better.

kitchen will be low as its on same level as the cylinder.

sounds like a blockage to only fill to you ankles.

run the bath when the flow stops run the kitchen tap and see if it still flows if it does you have a blockage.
the blue foam off the tank is a common suspect.

that must be the prob then - when running a bath (using a lot of H/W in 1 go) the tank can't re-fill quickly enough

check the float valve again whilst leaving a hot tap (or cold tap) open - does it fill quickly???

Has this h/w problem always been like this?

Is there a lid on the cold water tank??
Yes always been like this.

Yes there's a lid on the tank top.

ok do this: run a hot tap now and see how quickly water enters the cold tank, on top of the h/w cylinder, through the float valve.

the kitchen will be low pressure as is only slightly lower than the tank!

for the bath, either the float valve is not filling quickly enough, the cold water tank is emptying quicker than it can re-fill, or there is a slight blockage in your cold feed pipe from the cold tank to the h/w cylinder.

kitchen will be low as its on same level as the cylinder.

sounds like a blockage to only fill to you ankles.
First fill to ankles, the same ammount of water each time. Why it takes four times to get enough bath water to have a bath, sometimes i do not even have enough water for a normal bath. I did try and increased the water heater temprature to compensate, and soon found out that did nothing to help.

if the kitchen tap flows when the bath stops the blockage is in the bath section of pipe - if kitchen stops too... blockage could be further up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back