low hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a new boiler system installed about 6 years ago.

Recently, after a kicthen sink tap change, I notice the hot water pressure has dipped in the kitchen.

I have checked and there were no kinks in the pipe or obstructions. The plumber refuses to comeback unless I pay him to look at it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can increase the water pressure.

The system is standard hot water tank boiler.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it could be the new tap itself. I am currently seeking advice on this forum for something similar - I replace an old monoblock mixer with one of those mixer taps with the built in spray hose and since then my h/w pressure has been bad. I am surprised that your plumber won't come back for free if he did not leave the tap in proper working order when installed! Good luck.

Is your new tap suitable for use with your hot water system?
Many are only suitable for use with combi boilers or unvented systems, and require a minimum pressure of 1 Bar to operate correctly.

A traditional vented hot water system typically delivers about 0.5 Bar pressure.

Sponsored Links
Find out what type of water pipes you have both in your home itself and outside running to your well or water meter, depending on where you live. The size of your water pipes has a huge impact on the amount of water pressure you will get in your home.Double check that all water valves are open completely. If they are only partially opened, you are only benefiting from a portion of the potential water pressure.Inspect for any clogs or crimps in your water pipes, especially if it is a new installation or has been messed with recently. You may need to replace or repair faulty pipes. Ask your water power company to send someone out to test it. This is not something you can do yourself but it is something that can certainly have a direct impact on your water pressure.

Yes it is a monobloc tap

it looks like this but can swivel from left\right
http://www.shopforshowers.com/produ...-ordinating_basin_monobloc_tap_1219749794.jpg

anyway. It worked fine. It came loose at the basin, so when my flat mates swiveled it, the whole unit would move, not just the tap spout. Anyhow, one day the flexible pipes burst due to the twisting.

the plumber took the tap off, put on new pipes and re-attached it back to the pipes as well as securing it to the basin. It was ok before. I said that but he said that's not possible as all he has done is put pipes on and attached it back.

any advice ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back