LOW WATER PRESSURE PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help with this.

Have installed WC downstairs, since then seem to have really low cold water pressure in kitchen mixer tap.

Cold water is mains pressure, no tank upstairs and hot is from combi boiler. Sink and bath cold tap pressure upstairs is the same as before work done.

Pipework etc. done by plumber.

Could this new WC be affecting my kitchen tap?

Any opinions appreciated.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Did the plumber shut the water off at the mains? If so, maybe the stopcock hasn't been fully opened, or there is an issue with the stopcock. Give the plumber a call to see if he or she can rectify the problem :)

Seems unrelated to me. The WC will only be taking water once you flush - otherwise it should have no effect on the pressure I would have thought - Have you made sure that the incoming mains tap has been turned fully back on?

The only thing I can think of is, has the stop cock been fully opened, but if you say the other taps have not changed, then that may not be the problem.

:idea: If the toilet supply was taken off the pipe to the kitchen and it has it's own isolation then has that been turned on fully? Else, if the connection was made and debris has been forced towards then kitchen tap, and is getting stuck in a isolation valve upstream, that could be the problem.

How is the pressure/flow to the new toilet etc?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for promt replies.

I have double checked main stop cock and "isolation" stopcock to kitchen sink both are fully on.

Pressure is low when WC not in use. Tap fitted in WC is a "waterfall" tap and pressure is low on that one, but plumber stated it is probably designed that way as if pressure to great water would shoot straight out and hit wall. Fair point I assumed.

Both myself and Mrs were pretty underwhelmed by tap, cost a fortune.

Anyway plumber is "away" at the moment, so can't get a hold of him just now.

Sink and bath cold tap pressure upstairs is the same as before work done.
Well it wouldn't be a stop cock then,....
How's the hot pressure?
If it's ONLY the kitchen cold tap then it's blocked.
Maybe disconect pipe fropm it and squirt water out if that's easy, otherwise dismantle it. :(

Chris,

Hot water pressure in Kitchen tap is pretty much same as before work also I think.

Looks like a blockage of some sort I agree. Would it be possible only affecting cold though? Considering it's a mixer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back