low hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have took my old bath out and fitted a new one however....I turned the water off at the mains before doing the pipework and drained the hot water tank. On completion of the job I turned the water back on and the hot water tank refilled itself. Turn on the taps and cold water is fine but the hot water downstairs is a dribble and upstairs in the bathroom nothing at all not even a gurgle !
Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Airlock in pipework from cylinder to taps.
Useally helps if you leave the thot taps open slightly while filling cylinder.
Close them as they start to run lets the air escape up the vent.

A few ways to do it.
But you can drain a few inches off open the hot taps and refill.

Sponsored Links
If you have a mixer tap in your kitchen, cup your hand over the outlet to seal it off from the room but allow water to flow into your hand, turn the hot on first then the cold. Do it right and you'll get a bubbling noise in your cylinder as the air is forced out of the pipework. Do it wrong and you'll get very wet

tried both ways suggested but no joy ! apart from her indoors getting irate never had this before.
All I did was turn off the water and drain the hot water tank off as I had to change the fittings ditto the cold.
Now I have standard/previous pressure on cold water but nix on the hot.
Divorce on the cards !!!!

Turn all taps off.
Open Hot tap on kitchen mixer.
Place hand under spout and turn on cold tap forcing cold mains up the hot side.
Hold for about 30 seconds.
Then turn off cold and remove your hand to find hot water comes out and builds up to normal pressure.
Then test all other taps.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back