Low HW pressure upstairs... Tried allsorts...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a HW problem. Just to set the scene so to speak i have a fairly new Vaillant ecotec plus 831 (Installed in September). I have not had any problems following installation and Hot Water and heating has been fine.

I have an Aqualisa visage digital shower in the ensuite which is so good i have purchased another for the main bathroom.

I removed my old bathroom, disconnected the pipes to the bath, sink and toilet and capped them off while the bathroom was being put in. Ever since doing this the hot water has been low in the shower. Cold water pressure is fine but HW is low.

I have so far:

Had united utils out to check my Cold Water pressure, they replaced my incoming 'box' where my meter connected but everything still the same.

Had the plumber out to check the boiler and filters in the system and again all is okay.

Although the bathroom is not finished i have connected up the pipes to the bath and bled the pipes to the sink and there is no air there. Still the same.

Checked filters on shower, all clear

Disconnected the HW pipe to the shower and witnessed low pressure.

I connected my HW pipe in the bathroom to the shower in the en suite and the pressure after a cough and a splutter was good. I suspected a pipe blockage and connected everything back as it was and the pressure was perfect?? (I assumed some air was released)

3-4 days later and the pressure has dropped off again. I repeated the last step but now its low even when i connect up the sink supply to the shower.

I really am out of ideas and desperate to resolve the issue. I am considering calling out a plumber but i am not sure what he will find or how he could resolve?

Sponsored Links
I've read the post. It's too confusing. I don't understand what you have done
which shower is which. Which bathroom is which.
I suggest you repost again and keep the description simple.

I would suggest connecting the cold in the bathroom to the hot pipes. Turn off the cold supply at the boiler and running a "hot" tap downstairs any blockage or air should get pushed out.

Hello Again,

Sorry for any confusion i'll try to explain a little clearer (after re-reading i realised it was a little unclear):

I removed my old Main bathroom, disconnected the pipes to the bath, sink and toilet and capped them off. Ever since doing this the hot water has been low in the shower in the en suite bathroom. Cold water pressure is fine.

I have so far:

Had united utils out to check my Cold Water pressure, they replaced my incoming 'box' where my meter connected but everything still the same.

Had the plumber out to check the boiler and filters in the boiler and again all is okay.

Although the main bathroom is not finished i have connected up the pipes to the bath and bled the pipes to the sink and there is no air there. Still the same problem with low pressure in the en suite shower.

Checked filters on en suite shower, all clear

Disconnected the HW pipe to the en suite shower and physically witnessed low pressure and flow.

I connected my HW pipe in the main bathroom to the shower in the en suite and the pressure was good. I suspected a pipe blockage and connected everything back as it was but the pressure was perfect??
(I assumed some air was released) However 3-4 days later and the pressure has dropped off again. I repeated the last step but it has made no difference this time.

I really am out of ideas and desperate to resolve the issue. I am considering calling out a plumber but i am not sure what he will find or how he could resolve?

dcawkwell - i will attempt to turn off the cw supply to the boiler as you mention and see what happens.

If the en-suite is higher up then the bathroom this may cause pressure loss especially at peak times.

Sponsored Links
Hello again,

Tried connecting up the CW to the HW, turning off the CW supply to the boiler and opening a HW tap downstairs but it is still the same.

Mark,

The bathrooms are on the same level however the ensuite HW supply does go into the loft. IT has been like this for 2 years and we have never had any problems before. Only since i took the main bathroom suite out.

Thanks

If the HW feed to the ensuite goes up into he loft, across, then down into the shower there's a chance for air to get trapped at the high point. Is there an air release point in the pipework in the loft?

Hello,

I have opened up the pipe in the loft (There is an isolation valve just before the shower) the water there comes out but is weak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back