low level toilet with waste into floor - replace with one closer to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my toilet which is an old toilet in a 1960s maisonette.
Its a low level toilet with waste into floor. the waste is about 280mm from the wall in the centre.
the floor is concrete and I live in a first floor maisonette so moving the clay waste pipe is probably a no go.
If I have to keep the toilet waste where it is, is there a way to not have it jut out into the bathroom so much? The end of it is 740mm from the wall. I need to reduce that so I can fit in a bigger shower tray.
Does any one know of any modern looking toilet that I can replace it with that will keep the waste where it is but allow the pan to be closer to the wall.
If not, maybe I could have a toilet that is diagonal to the wall? that would work.

thanks for any advice,

Derek

Sponsored Links
As JohnD says , the cistern can have a spacer between it and the wall but the governing factor is the how far the front of pan projects forward from the centre of its soil outlet

Last edited:
When I needed one, it was the shortest close-coupled BO pan I could find. IIRC my socket is 250mm from the wall.

Nice quality, with a good flush.

QS had a good price.

There was also a Twyfords Refresh, but I think it was discontinued or unavailable.

Alcona is longer gap I think

Sponsored Links
That's quite a long way from the wall! The VitrA S50 5321 can be connected to a pipe which is 250mm from the wall, meaning you'd need a 30mm spacer behind it. That would give a total projection of 685mm, so a 55mm improvement on what you have now

You can put a swan-neck connector on a horizontal outlet, but for me, it wouldn't have worked.

Thanks so much for the advice and suggestions.

the toilet will be on a 1.8m wall on its own so I guess there is no issue putting cupboards behind the toilet. Actually, that's not a bad idea! so I could hid the cistern
I just don't want it to jut out into the middle of the bathroom too much.
its a very small bathroom. 1.8m x 1.8m and its my only bathroom so I would like the largest shower I can comfortably fit in there.
my only other option is to stick with a low level toilet and install it diagonally to the wall its against to reduce how much it juts out in to the room. there would be enough room for users legs.
Thoughts?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back