low pressure faucets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no complaints about the combi boiler we had installed. It does its job and has freed up loads of space, BUT now I come to re-do the bathroom I\\\'m having one hell of a time finding good looking faucets and shower heads that are compatible with low pressure :(
Anybody come across any sexy low pressure taps lately?

Sponsored Links
Thats the problem with a lot of the imported taps, they all need quite a bit of pressure.

Have a look at http://www.bristan.com they do quite a lot of modern styles, most of which are OK for low pressure.

Jason

Why would you want low pressure taps when you have a combi boiler installed :?: :rolleyes:
Your cold would be direct off the main and your hot would be nearly the same pressure.
Unless of course your incoming mains is very poor...... :cry:

Thanks Jason I'll check them out.

Bahco, I can only go on what the pros tell me! I talk to the suppliers and they say oh no you can't have those - a combi boiler won't give you enough pressure and point me towards the most boring stuff in the place.

The manual with the boiler tells me to keep the bar pressure between 1-1.5, the guy who installed it tells me to keep the pressure up to double that! :eek:

So you're telling me is I can have whatever taps I want??! What bar would you consider adequate or high pressure?

Sponsored Links
If your installer was able to pressurize the system to 3.0bar then your mains pressure is at least that which is plenty for HP taps.

Jason

I also had a lot of problems finding good low pressure taps and shower valves - but after a lot of research I settled on a Hudson Reed Tec Pura Plus - it's a thermostatic, concealed shower/bath control. It has 3/4" inlets - so it will give you plenty of flow, even off a gravity-fed system. You can use an exafill (one of those things that fills the bath through the same hole as the overflow) provided it has dual inlets and you feed both - in other words take the 22mm feed from the valve, branch it to two 15mm feeds, and connect both to the exafill.

Hope this helps

Thanks guys
it can be sooo confusing and extremely expensive if you don't go in armed with some info. :)
As a fellow tradesman (obviously not plumbing!) I know that the people in the trade shop can be very helpful, but if they aren't directly involved on site they haven't got all of the answers.
Thanks again

M<uzungo - I assume you're referring to this http://uk.hudsonreed.com/loadbuy5b/1/PN311E358/ct/t01.html
Have you got one in use, if so how much flow do you get from what head?? Minimum 5 metres it says.

Using low pressure fittings with a combi can look a bit pathetic, EG with a Bristan Art Deco tap the end of the spout is about 50mm across. A combi's 10 litres a minute produces a stream at just one end of that. A good gravity supply is 20 l/min + and produces a decent jet!

I've plumped for the 'Hey Joe' range you can see on www.tapstore.com. I'm not actually buying through them as I've got a better deal through a store I use.
:eek: considering the price of these babies they better produce more than a trickle. I'll let you know when they are in.

Couldn't see anything on their site about pressure requirements, have you spoken to them?

Jason

please read forum rules 17 & 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back