Low pressure on top floor shower (moved)

Hi, now the shower filters got blocked again with blue gunk (see attached) which I’ve cleaned. Not sure what it is and why it keeps building up?

But in addition the pressure from the cold tap in the en suite on the top floor and the downstairs loo are low but the kitchen and 1st floor en suite are both fine.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• BD41860D-FFCC-494B-92C8-2CE2A649C328.jpeg
    BD41860D-FFCC-494B-92C8-2CE2A649C328.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Never seen anything like that in a mains fed pipe ??
Anyone else ??

Sponsored Links
I would suspect that gunk has found its way into those too. Are they monobloc taps ?
Is the hot and cold gunged up at the shower ,or just hot,or just cold ?

Just the hot in the shower, the cold was completely clear.

I took the tap apart and the filter in the white plastic cartridge seemed clear.

And finally the hot water in two sink taps seems ok, it’s just the cold which is really slow

Also the hot water comes from the tank rather than mains fed?
The tank is fed from the cold water mains ,as opposed to gravity fed from a loft tank for instance.
Show pics of the taps that are not performing.

Ah I see what you mean

Both taps are the same - see pic

Attachments

• ECF440ED-1ECC-4891-98CB-6C0B0C703F35.jpeg
    ECF440ED-1ECC-4891-98CB-6C0B0C703F35.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 42
Thanks. I expect the supplies to the tap are silver ,braided ,flexible hoses ,or possibly copper tails. Both are restrictive ,flexis can be kinked / twisted And both are capable of being blocked with that gunk where they enter the tap body. You will need to isolate water supplies and take apart to examine.

I’m hopeless. How do I disconnect the plastic tubing from the copper? Doesn’t seem to just unscrew as the plastic bits just turn and turn

Attachments

• FE445E6F-79FC-475A-BC85-7FFA75A52F71.jpeg
    FE445E6F-79FC-475A-BC85-7FFA75A52F71.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 47
They look like HEP20 fittings ,any markings on them ?
If so you need a special demounting tool to release them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back