Low pressure taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So before I go tearing apart an old lady's taps, I'm hoping to do a quick consult here. Maybe I can get some positive input...

Apparently she's got the kitchen taps and a sink spray gun that all run at barely a trickle. The same lines split off to the bathroom behind where the taps run just peachy-keen. I was first guessing that maybe the plugs in the taps are just loaded up with crud, then I tried the spray gun which runs about the same peaceful :rolleyes: flow as the taps. The piping is only about 5 years old, but I'm guessing the kitchen sink was just "cleaned up" before she moved in when the piping was done. She says the low pressure was like that ever since she moved in. I was apalled as how it trickled so I thought I'd help her out.

A friend of mine said it could be as simple as the filter-srceen at the tip of the faucet being full of junk, but the "trick" it seems when I/they use the faucet is to do a couple of twists open and close of the taps to get the hot or cold flow going maybe a little faster. The taps aren't particularly loose or anything...and then there's the slow sink spray gun and the normal bathroom taps on the other side of the wall. I can't figure it out.

Any help?

Thanks,
Al.

Sponsored Links
Could be that it's gravity fed and the kitchen sink and spray gun are higher than the bath taps.

Sorry, don't know much about Canadian plumbing.

Get the taps apart. Could be as simple as squashed-over-time rubber washers which now block the exit holes - on the sides in a monoblock tap, for instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back