Low water pressure from shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a Mira Advance ATL shower and it is about 3yrs old. Yesterday the water pressure from the shower head dropped to almost a trickle and the temperature is unstable. My wife also said she can hear a click from the unit. I've consulted the handbook and tried a reset: Power on and hold stop/start and flow buttons etc., but the problem is still there. I'd appreciate some help if possble.
Thanks,
PM

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if there may be a physical blockage.

If its been correctly fitted with a non return valve sometines these get jammed and dont open fully.

Tony

I assumed he meant flow.

Unfortunately, schools dont seem able to teach the difference. Perhaps teachers dont know themselves?

Sponsored Links
Unscrew the hose and see what comes out from the unit. Sometimes hose liners twist up and stop everything.

...Unfortunately, schools dont seem able to teach the difference. Perhaps teachers dont know themselves?
Probably not. The average school teacher todays does not seem to know an awful lot. I heard one the other day explaining that something was "more better". :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help. No blockage in the hose.
I'm away for a few days so I will not be replying to any members who kindly offer possible solutions, to sort the problem out.
PM

After trying the suggesions I decided to give the system another reset. Set the Temp to 6, pressed the Flow>Stop button simultaeously and completed the procedure. I left the shower to complete the reset cycle for about 15 minutes and when I returned and tried it, all is good. Pressure (Flow for the pedantics :D ) and Temp. from the shower head is back to normal.
Thanks for your help it's appreciated.
PM

explaining that something was "more better".
when everyone knows it should be 'more betterer'.
1.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back