LPG boiler in a boiler house whose floor is 2ft below ground

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know/ have an opinion on whether you can install an LPG appliance (boiler) in a plant room whose floor is 2 ft below ground level? It's a small "boiler house" in a barn conversion.

All I can find in the CITB G18 book is that "LPG appliances are not allowed to be installed in cellars or basements" (Installation of Appliances, Page 85, Jan 2007 Edition)

The boiler is already there by the way, has been for about a year. The question came to light (so to speak!) when swithching over from a temporary 4-pack supply to a bulk tank.

I dont' think it could be described as a basement or a cellar, but obviously has the potential to allow accumulation of gas at low level.

Update: I just found this:

http://www.gas-news.co.uk/discus/messages/3/1570.html?1204064233

Question answered I think.

Sponsored Links
LPG is a gas that is heavier than air. It will collect in a depression ( may have seen films of boat crews using buckets to 'tip over air outside the boat') so poses a potential hazard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back