LPG Gas boiler size

Yes, BB would usually have given some completely useless information derived from the brochures.

he has not made any postings for a few days. Thats a frequest occurance.

I suspect that he has to go into respite care every few weeks where he is not allowed any internet access. Few of the homes have that for their residents.

As far as the water supply is concerned oif the system is supplied at mains pressure then it will only give as much as the supply can provide. The average UK house probably only has about 12 li/min ! Thats not much more than one shower.

Very secretive this application! Is it for a mobile government HQ ?

I do have to say the Deferred Facilities from my previous employer were very basic indeed! Even the 1939 "Paddock" in NW London for Churchill had very little welfare facilities for the 80 staff it could accommodate!

paddock_basement_plan.gif

OK then Nick Catford, you got me there! Now they can look at your whole web site! Maybe its just because I had to close some of the ROCs at BBC locations!

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/sites/p/paddock/index2.shtml

Nothing for washing there! I dont even remember seeing any toilets! being 40' down getting rid of the sewage would have been a problem!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes, BB would usually have given some completely useless information derived from the brochures.

I suspect that he has to go into respite care every few weeks where he is not allowed any internet access. Few of the homes have that for their residents.
Ganging up to make insulting remarks about a forum member who isn't even posting on the topic?

You are a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Ganging up to make insulting remarks about a forum member who isn't even posting on the topic?

You are a pathetic excuse for a human being.

untwist yer knickers.

you know what ive said is true.

Sponsored Links
it seems the possibilty of a boiler existing to run this application is very secretive. Dont they fit pumps to em these days, its 2008 not 1939

Seems to me that the way to go would be to install multiple combi boilers and divide up the showers/basins to ensure adequate performance from each when required. That way one failure wouldn't compromise the whole installation.

Once you've worked out how many boilers you need the two main issues are water supply and gas supply. Electricity is insignificant due to the low electrical consumption of combi boilers.

Water will depend on where the unit will be used and what it can be connected to.

Gas will depend upon how you store the necessary fuel quantities, again single versus multiple tanks. I would go multiple for the same reasons as above. I suggest you talk to Calor/BP or similar about this.

And before all you doubting plumbers say what does he know.....I designed and built power stations for 30 years!

Oh and if you go ahead with this project I claim my fee!

And before all you doubting plumbers say what does he know.....I designed and built power stations for 30 years!

As I doubt that you designed power stations to operate in a portable unit from LPG cylinders with a water supply of unknown capability.

I am also surprised that a design engineer would ever get involved with actually "building" anything!

I would have thought that an ex-design engineer would have echoed my ststement that no one can design anything without a set of design parameters agreed with the client.

Perhaps you were only ever part of a design team without overall responsibility for an entire project!

Tony

thanks dave, I phoned Andrews water heaters, they told me straight away what boiler I needed, which will run my 4 showers no problem, thanks for the positive replies, as for the rest...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

If you have inadequate mains water flow into the container then you will have inadequate showers.

Most installers would see the rinnai as better quality and value for money for an instant water heater.

Tony

As I doubt that you designed power stations to operate in a portable unit from LPG cylinders with a water supply of unknown capability.

I am also surprised that a design engineer would ever get involved with actually "building" anything!

I would have thought that an ex-design engineer would have echoed my ststement that no one can design anything without a set of design parameters agreed with the client.

Perhaps you were only ever part of a design team without overall responsibility for an entire project!

Tony

Frankly your comments don't do you justice and don't require any further comment. What I designed, project managed and handed over to the client is far beyond your capabilites I would suggest.

Just concentrate on your plumbing! I expect you may be good at that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back