lpg gas supply pipe size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my mates lpg gas boiler packed in and he has bought a 40 kw combi system and he has a large lpg cooker .
the old system was running on 3/4 thick wall galv pipe from tank and 15 mm copper inside .
the new boiler connection is 22mm what size pipes should he be using???

Sponsored Links
Right mate, what ya wanna do right, is go get an RGI yeah. Get the geezer to ave a look, yeah.

I aint got no crystal ball ere fella.

Take it easy

D

Soggy_weetabix said:
Right mate, what ya wanna do right, is go get an RGI yeah. Get the geezer to ave a look, yeah.

I aint got no crystal ball ere fella.

Take it easy

D

And I agree.

Becayuse of the higher calorific value and working pressure of lpg it is quite likely that 15mm would remain adequate. You could just fit it, run the bath tap and all others, operate three rings of the cooker, and measure the working pressure. If inadequate go to 22mm, but unlikely to need it.

Sponsored Links
If you don't have the information and can't do the calculation then use 22mm to stay on the safe side. An undersized pipe will only be evident in the winter when the mains water is at its lowest temperature and the boiler has more work to do to heat it up
40kw is quite a demand even on LPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back