fitting new lpg gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, What's the correct set up for a new lpg gas hob ?
the old one has a red regulator and rubber pipe through the wall to the hob.
the pipe is perished so needs replacing, is it best done in copper pipe ?
what size ?
what spec regulator?
dose it need a gas cock ?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice but I am competent with gas work I used to do my own before it was regulated I am a semi retired kitchen fitter ,I just wondered what the current requirements are and would be great full for your advice
thanks

Sponsored Links
maybe you should pick up the phone and get someone competent to do the work before you do yourself some harm. LPG is very dangerous more so than natural gas. I get pretty pi55ed off even when NG engineers work on it let alone DIY numpties

Thanks for your advice but I am competent with gas work
If you was competent you would know for a start that rubber isn't allowed through a wall without asking if it might be better in copper, as said, log is far more dangerous than nat gas and installation requires somebody who knows what they are doing.

Also as the hob is most likely supplied in nat gas how are you going to convert it ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back