LPG Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I'm moving into a 1970's flat and will have to replace the kitchen and bathroom. This will be my 4th kitchen/bathroom refurb.
I hate electric hobs and as the flat is 100% electric I'll need to use the LPG option.
Most hobs come with the larger LPG jets so I know I'll have to change them. Will I have to use rigid pipe as in the gas regs to connect the hob to the bottle.
I'm using this forum as when ever I asked a question on the other well known DIY talk Sc****x, it is just abuse.
I just need advice.

Sponsored Links
Most hobs come with the larger LPG jets
They are physically the same size but with smaller holes in them

Will I have to use rigid pipe as in the gas regs to connect the hob to the bottle.

Yes apart from the pig tail or better still get someone Corgi to do it. I know you can legally do it yourself but LPG is nasty stuff compared to NG. From what you have said so far I have little confidence in your competence

Oh but you can have abuse, in addition too as well!

I'm not being arsey, but get an LPG corgi in.
I'm corgi regd but not for LPG, and I know enough to know that I don't know enough. Even if it were my own gaff, I'd get someone in.
I'd want him to convert/test the hob too.

:eek: As above, definately not as straight forward as NG.

Sponsored Links
piece of p1ss to convert,get a corgi as lpg does have a nasty bite.check the hob CAN BE CONVERTED before you buy as some cannot be converted. :LOL:

piece of p**s to convert

It is so long as you can follow instructions. Be careful you dont overtighten the jets. I have heard tales of DIYers chucking them in any old how and ending up in trouble.

Theres a load of stuff about where you can and can't have a gas bottle.
Basically it must be outside and a metre away from anything, especially anythings that resemble a hole in the ground such as an open gully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back