System boiler or Combi for LPG?

Sponsored Links
Out of curiosity, have you got a total-cost-of-ownership over 5 years for this? Just curious what it'll come to/whether the supplier has given any indication on prices for gas etc, what the install was and so on

Out of curiosity, have you got a total-cost-of-ownership over 5 years for this? Just curious what it'll come to/whether the supplier has given any indication on prices for gas etc, what the install was and so on
No total cost over 5 years that I know of. ( daughters house )
Gas has to come from Calor for first 2 years then she can shop around.
Hole in garden cost £300 and another £70 for mini digger to fill in again. Tank and pipework to house was free.
Boiler don't know.
Central heating boiler fitting, pipework to 6 rooms ( rads supplied by us ), full bathroom suite and shower fitting, kitchen pipework for sink, dishwasher and washing machine was £800

Oil might have been cheaper in the long run but initial start up price was not affordable.

Thanks for the figures, very reasonable I must say.. Any idea what the gas price is?

Sponsored Links
Daughter will have the gas prices ( I have no idea ) but they are available on the Calor website.

We are always getting leaflets from various lpg suppliers at my house offering free boiler installs if you sign up with them. We usually pay about 3k a year for gas although our unit price has dropped about 30% in the last 2 years.

Looked at renewable heating technologies? Air source heat pumps are roughly on par with natural gas for running costs

For central heating, the drawback with heat-pumps, is that they don't get hot enough for use with traditional radiators, so have to be used as either underfloor heating which will be a huge cost and disruption to install in an existing property, or blown air which can also be difficult to install in an existing property and is not ideal for a domestic environment because of the noise and unwanted circulation of kitchen and bathroom odours.

True, though if youre going to the extent of having a heat pump, you probably also are on with installing an MVHR..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back