LPG prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rather than hijack another thread.

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/lpg-vs-oil-in-modern-times.405330/page-2#3140102

I just emailed two suppliers for quotes, whilst waiting for the replies, I contacted my current supplier (Calor).
I told them I was looking at switching, they asked who I had contacted & the prices offered. I currently pay £0.545 p/l, the price I have seen on LPGUK is £0.38 p/l, she spoke to her team leader, I have been offered £0.41 p/l + £100 fixed for 1 year.
I am using 2000 litres so a nice saving.

ps there is also a tank rental charge all plus vat

THANKS TO ALL DIYNOT MEMBERS WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THE POST IN THE LINK.

Sponsored Links
£0.38 x 2000 = £760.00
£0.41 x 2000 = £820.00 + £100 cash = £720.00

So Calor is cheaper ALSO better the devil you know (saying that I think Calor have given a good service).

£0.38 x 2000 = £760.00
£0.41 x 2000 = £820.00 + £100 cash = £720.00

So Calor is cheaper ALSO better the devil you know (saying that I think Calor have given a good service).

Ah, my apologies.

You put "+ £100", not "less £100"!

Sponsored Links
Just had another quote same per/litre plus £150 cash.
I will be paying less that 2 years ago, I wonder if I will save an money, as her at home will say 'turn the heating up, now is cheaper'. :p

Just had another quote same per/litre plus £150 cash.
I will be paying less that 2 years ago, I wonder if I will save an money, as her at home will say 'turn the heating up, now is cheaper'. :p

Don't tell her!

Just to add a bit more info to this thread based on my experience since spotting this thread.

Calor have been charging me 56.4ppl but after reading this thread and LPGUK charging only 38ppl I emailed Calor.

Calor responded offering 40ppl with £100 credit asking if this was acceptable to me.

I am currently awaiting a reply from Calor explaining, in simple terms, why I should stay with them. Last month they supplied 1330 litres at 56.4ppl this month they are happy to supply it for around £220 cheaper, so their reply could be interesting to say the least.

I have also received a quote from FloGas for 38ppl fixed for 12 months. Looks like a change is about to take place with thanks to this thread.

It's the same with most things. Suppliers rely on people's indolence. We should all compare prices (it's not difficult these days, with the internet) and take our business to the most competitive.

Market forces.

I am currently awaiting a reply from Calor explaining, in simple terms, why I should stay with them. Last month they supplied 1330 litres at 56.4ppl this month they are happy to supply it for around £220 cheaper, so their reply could be interesting to say the least.
Well got an answer from Calor and they said I was being charged their 'non contract' cost.

If I was willing to sign a two year contract I would be charged-

40pence/litre fixed for 12months then 43.3 fixed for following 12 months.
Loyalty credit of £200.
40pence/litre price back dated to date of delivery in May so I will receive credit for price difference - around £160.

So will be staying with Calor and stand to save around £500 on cost of gas and around £360 in credit and all thanks to this thread!!

AlanE, My first contract as a new user was 2yrs, before I accepted the deal they just offered me, I did ask the term & it is now an annual contract. I have already put it in the diary for 2015.

Sponsored Links
Back