LPR600 Dishwasher Flash code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our prima LPR600 dishwasher has generated a strange issue - marked by a 4 flash code and beeping.

when washing on the 70degree cycle, it will get to the end of the cycle and then switch to rinse mode, not do anything and keep beeping. you get 4 flashes of the start button and a pause continuously.

I've run some cleaning aid through the washer on the 70degree wash and still it errors.

any ideas anyone? i can't find a service manual anywhere. appliance has no warranty or cover. I'm half tempted to remove the panel on the inside base of the dishwasher - held in by 4 screws, under the removable filter but thought I should check with you lot first. :)

Sponsored Links
4 flashes on the start LED signals a drain problem. It could be a blocked/defective pump, clogged sink spigot, kinked/blocked drain hose, a clogged pressure switch, or a pcb issue (very unlikely). Check the drain hose & sink spigot first then move onto the pump & pressure switch if no-joy. It you need further info please post the service number on the door sticker, it should be close to this: 8545 600 15810. You won't find a service manual, they are trade only.

thanks zipper.

I'll see if I can get behind the dishwasher tomorrow to check the waste outlet. Its an integrated appliance so its a right pain to get out. If I can get to any of this without removal that would be most useful but I doubt it.

whilst i have it here, the service number is: 8545 600 15869

Cheers,
baxter

Not 100% sure but your model may have a removable cover that allows access to the drain pump impeller. If your problem is caused by a piece of glass or similar jamming the impeller you may get at it without having to pull the DW out. Take out the filters & bail out as much water out as possible. Look in the left hand side of the sump for a removable cover (it it has one it may be held in place by a single torx screw). If your model has a cover remove it & check if there is anything preventing the pump rotating. On the opposite side of the sump is a black object with a grill, this is the pressure switch (which can also cause an F4 fault). Check the grill isn't clogged by debris, bits of labels etc. If you carefully poke a cable tie or similar through the grill you ought to be able to tell if it is switching by hearing an audible click. If you do have to take the DW out to check the hose & spigot all main components are easily accessible by lying the machine on its back & removing the baseplate. Good luck :D

Sponsored Links
Does this help? not sure anything else is removable from this side of the dishwasher (except the rotary arms). There's 4 torx screws as you can see.

imag1.jpg

imag2.jpg

Don't remove the 4 torx screws...they holds the sump in place.
From what I can see it doesn't look like there is a removable cover over the pump impellor. The black object on the right is the pressure switch I mentioned earlier. Everything in there looks pretty clean to me. That leaves you with the drain hose & sink spigot to check. To get at the pump & check for wear/blockage you'll have to remove the baseplate first. That gives you easy access to most components.

ok thanks.

I had the dishwasher half out yesterday. the drain pipe actually goes in to it's own waste pipe with a trap on the bottom of it rather than in to the sink waste. I pulled the drain pipe out from the waste pipe and a load of black gunk came off it. So i poured a load of drain cleaner down into the trap and down the drain pipe itself.

Put the washer on a 70 degree wash empty and it ran with no issue.
Then filled up the washer with dishes, put in a powerball tablet and ran the same wash and it hung at the end with 4 flashes and switched itself to rinse mode.

Intermittent drain issues boil down to one of the things already mentioned. I think you'll just have to bite the bullet & take off the baseplate. It is only held in place by 2 screws & 2 plastic clips. Check out the pump, pressure switch & drain hose.

Hi zipper, not had a chance to get the DW out as i've been busy.
However, I've changed dishwasher tablets to our old brand as they were on offer and the dw appears to have stopped having problems.

We were using Finish Quantum and now we're using Finish Powerball. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I'll monitor it for a week or so.

Thanks for you help. Most useful.

Highly unlikely detergent type is causing your problem. If/when it happens again post back on the same thread. Good luck :D

cheers. Actually later the same day it gave the error codes again, which means its more an intermittent fault.

I'll drag the appliance out this weekend and have a look at the insides. Its the only way really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back