LPR600 Dishwasher making strange sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had unit for 3 years. It fills up and starts washing fine. After about 10-15 mins it then stops washing with a small judder and then a humming noise is heard until it gets to the next part of the cycle. If I open the door while humming then close again it start washing again for a few seconds then judders again then just hums.
Sounds like the motor or pump gets stuck and cannot rotate. If left it hums to the end of the cycle, the washing is not cleaned well but the inside is free of water so looks to have drained ok. No flashing lights and beeping is normal.

Could this be limescale blocking the pump? Could it be freed using more salt or rinse aid? Could it be a capacitor or something related to the motor?
Do I need a new pump motor? - if so they are £100 from whirlpool and I may as well buy a new machine with 12m warranty.
Serial code from door side is 854560015860.
Any advice please? THANKS

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back