Luceco 2 PIN 6.5watt LED LAMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a 2 PIN 16w old fluorescent bulb fitted in a circular light in the bathroom.
Like all fluorescent bulbs (like the long kitchen tubes) it flickers a bit when starting.

As this old one has stopped working, I thought I'd replace it with the exact 2 PIN ''LED equivalent''. The box came with an LED replacement starter, but I couldn't see anywhere on the light fitting where there had been a previous starter, so I just clipped in the new bulb. Hey presto, the new bulb worked with no flickering when turning on. Great I thought.

HOWEVER, after about 4 days the new bulb has basically given up and barely comes on. Can someone tell me if I have to rewire something in the light fixture. Clearly it seems the replacement starter was in the new LED packaging for a reason.

Sponsored Links
A 2 pin 2D has the starter built into the housing therefore a fitting designed for a 2 pin lamp would have no place to fit a starter.
Why they supplied you a starter i dont know.
I can only quess the 2 pin LED lamp you bought may fit in an old 4 pin 2d fitting that would normally have a starter, though newer 4 pin fittings would use an electronic ballast which would have no starter fitted.
Is it possible to post a copy of the instructions, sounds like the ballast may have failed in your fitting, personally i think a Led fitting is a better option

Thanks for the reply. You mention the starter being built into the housing. I thought as much. It did cross my mind that where the bulb clipped in, that it was also part of the starter. There was no place to put the normal circular starter that was within the Luceco package.
There was ZERO instructions with the product, neither a leaflet or on the cardboard package. The second one I bought is the same.
In the end, I have put in a basic 'fluorescent bulb' which works perfectly, albeit it flickers when you turn it on which is what happens with most fluorescent fittings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back