Luke warm water from Combiboiler

The BG Engineer turned up with the heat exchanger and changed it. That didn't solve the problem. So, he spent another 2-3 hrs changing the valve that seperates the heating from the hot water 9which was changed last year), but the problem was still not solved.

Infact the problem got a bit more extream. i.e. When the water was hot, it was hoter than before, and when it cooled down, it was cooler than before. That is probably because there was no dirt in those new parts.

Eventually when he reduced the flow of the water into the combi boiler, the water remained hot. It was ok for the kitchen and the bathroom sink, but the pressure wasn't enough for the shower.

So, situation is slightky better, but the shower remains a problem.

Sponsored Links
so its still going hot and cold?

what was the water quality like?

is he coming back?

No, once the flow into the combi boiler was reduced, we get steady hot water. As for the kitchen and the batroom sink, there is no need for high pressure, but for the shower, the pressure has gone down drastically.

A friend of mine told me that bleeding the radiators will help, if the pressure is turned back on.

Here is what she said:

"The hot water in the shower used to go luke warm or cold during the shower. Someone advised me to bleed the radiators. When i bleeded the radiators, the problem was solved."

Could it be that simple?

i doubt it.

if your hot water is working ok now apart from the shower, it could be worth descaling the showerhead just in case that is also blocked and could be exacerbating your problem.

Sponsored Links
I had the taps/mixers for the bath/shower changed recently. so it's new.

Why do we have to adjust the pressure of the water, when everything has been working fine fore years.

Rem that the problem was for the whole flat: kitchen, bath sink, and the shower.

Because, the pressurre is turned down, it is naturally giving low pressure in the shower.

Weird one, eh?

in that case, if the shower was genuinely ok before the fault began then its probably not completly sorted. obviously a dirtly dhx hex was partly to blame , but you should still be able to run the shower. when you next can get them back to check the heat input of the boiler and to demonstrate the temperature rise of the hot water with a flow cup.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back