luminous mattress foam topper gas.

• Thread starter sodthisforfun
  • Start date
S

sodthisforfun

Wotchya..

Took delivery of a new memory foam topper for the spare bed (thanks to the kitten peeing on the other one) and chucked it on the bed on Friday to expand/air for a few days.

Bought from the same shop as the last one, about 6 months apart. Except this time am getting an almost luminous mark on the wall, where the mattress meets.

green-1.jpg

Am a bit concerned about the gas coming off, doesn't look safe to me to use if it can turn the wall green? I can't see it being anything else unless am barking up the wrong tree - anyone know of what could be causing this?!

Sorry for crappy pic, low light and taken this eve.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nah, doesn't wipe off. And it's too smooth, if you know what I mean. Almost like a spray paint accident - straight line lines up with the mattress topper.

But thankyou, much more helpful that Notch's posts!! :)

Is the kitten pizzing up the wall now instead :ROFLMAO:
It's luminous. I don't live near Sellafield so not the cat!

you sure its not where the old mattress rubbed the wall exposing the old wall colour a bit
as in remove the mattress what happens??

I think it might be cat pee spray. Wipe it with vinegar or window cleaner. Anything mildly acidic.

you sure its not where the old mattress rubbed the wall exposing the old wall colour a bit
as in remove the mattress what happens??

Thankyou, but nah. The mattress doesn't go up that high - the photo is with the new topper on, so same height plus it was painted on new plaster - we had the whole room stripped back to brick and replastered 5 years ago as it had blown (old, old house). It's also appeared in the last 2 days, same time we've had the new topper. Sunday I noticed a small bit and just thought it must be a reflection of something out the window or something and didn't give it much thought but last night it was a lot more and it was still visible in the dark.

I think it might be cat pee spray. Wipe it with vinegar or window cleaner. Anything mildly acidic.
It's really not the girl kittens wee, honest. It has no smell, no drip marks whatsoever and it's completely the wrong colour and it doesn't shift.. I know what cat wee is like, our last cat was a scent marker being a boy, I had to clean that up a dozen or so times over the years and replace the kitchen bin (the main target) regularly!

It really reminds me of spray paint, that fine and as a clear line where it starts and that lines up perfectly with the new topper.

Thanks for help guys, but I can't think of it being anything that some odd gas or perhaps fire retardant. I think we'll send it back.

If they don't reply then suggest to them that the discolouration of the wall might be due to a toxic emission from their product.
I put that in the question.
Doing some reading, apparently some of the sellers in the UK get cheaper products made overseas and they escape testing.. and can be filled with all sorts of nasties.

Sponsored Links
Back