Lumpy asphalt floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would like to install laminate flooring in my kitchen, but the asphalt floor is extremely (very!) lumpy in places. I can't self-level it because some of the lumps are raised at least 5mm and with the laminate & underlay it would add at least 15mm to the current floor level (at the level it should be!). As the distance between the top of my dishwasher & washer and the worktop is just about that....it creates more problems than it solves. Plus it's a combined kitchen/dining room so is quite a large area to level by that method (money...I'm short on it).

The lumps themselves are about 12" in diameter, throughout the room. Can we grind them down? Or does anyone have any other ideas of what we could do (ie lay a thick underlay around them and a foam one over them)? Any ideas, possible solutions etc would be very much appreciated.

Pam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back