Luxury Vinyl Flooring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've decided to rip out all of the existing warped and rotting 'water resistant' [ha-ha] laminate from my kitchen, hallway & bathroom, that's only a few years old.

I'm wondering what's the best thing to replace it with. I was considering using Luxury Vinyl Flooring Tiles, [LVT] Click flooring. However someone has told me to make sure it's 100% [as some of it isn't by all accounts ?] waterproof. I've been told that
WPC (wood plastic composite) is the best option. Now, my question is : Are they the same thing?

Sorry if this sounds dim, but after looking around on the web, I can't seem to find a definite answer, and I'm still none the wiser...

The prices vary quite a bit also.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
What laminate did you have?
Why does it need to be waterproof?

The vinyl clicks have been out a few years and I’ve never been a fan as the locking system is very weak.
The WPC is a newer version and more stable.

But to me prep the floor and glue LVT down. Best way.

It was water-resistant laminate and I spent extra on it, thinking it would last -- it didn't. The new flooring is going down in my kitchen dinning room area and the bathroom. Both obvs get a bit wet... So you reckon LVT glued down is ok? The Sub-floor is pretty good. 12mm ply..

Thanks for the reply Dazlight. Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
There's no such thing as waterproof laminate or vinyl tiles, never has been, never will be. Both have seams/joins, and those seams will ALWAYS be a weak point for water ingress and adhesive decay. That's nature's way.
If you need it waterproof you need ceramic tiles or sheet vinyl.

I had Karndean in the last house and was very happy with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back