LV and signal cores in the same sheath

From the people who made bespoke cables for interconnection of modules in a system.
The infamous phrase "They would, wouldn't they?" comes to mind :)

A lot presumably depends on whether or not the cable is being used as part of 'the fixed wiring of an electrical installation'. If it isn't, BS7671 will not apply, although some other regulations/Standards presumably would.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The infamous phrase "They would, wouldn't they?" comes to mind

In one application the design and the bespoke cable was approved by engineering officers of the UK Government Department that was the customer.

OK, is that adequate approval ?

In one application the design and the bespoke cable was approved by engineering officers of the UK Government Department that was the customer. OK, is that adequate approval ?
Without knowing what are the relevant regulations/Standards, or what they say, I wouldn't have a clue as to whether that 'approval' was correct/appropriate.

Never assume that "UK Government Departments" always get things right :)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Clerical officers may not be as good as they could should be but in the past the engineering officers knew what was needed.
That's obviously true of many/most but, over the years, I've seen a good few cases in which technical/profession employees of government departments have proved to be far less than 'ideal'.

I don't know to what extent it's still true but, in the past, one of the issues was that a good few professional people ended up working for government departments (or in other 'bureaucratic' jobs) because they had difficulty in 'getting a proper job' and pursuing their professional career conventionally!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back